The Linda Hall Library and the Kansas City Invention Convention (KCIC) value the open exchange of ideas and the sharing of thoughts and expression. We are committed to providing an affirming, accessible, safe, and inclusive experience for all participants. We want every participant to feel welcome, included, and comfortable to be their most authentic self. Anyone engaging in behavior contrary to our code of conduct will be removed from the event.
We aim to provide a safe, respectful, and harassment-free environment for everyone involved regardless of age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, race and color, ethnicity, ancestry, nationality, or religion.
Code of Conduct
The Kansas City Invention Convention (KCIC) are dedicated to creating a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each attendee brings to the event. We strive to foster an environment where attendees feel respected, valued, and empowered.
All library attendees are expected to support an inclusive environment by adhering to the following conduct standards:
- Treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
- Address and report inappropriate behavior and comments that are discriminatory, harassing, abusive, offensive, or unwelcome.
- Foster teamwork and participation, encouraging the representation of different perspectives.
- Confront the decisions or behaviors of others that are based on conscious or implicit biases.
- Be open-minded and listen when given constructive feedback regarding others’ perceptions of your conduct.
KCIC will not tolerate discrimination, harassment or any behavior or language that is abusive, offensive, unwelcome, or unlawful. Anyone engaging in behavior contrary to our code of conduct will be removed from the event.
If you feel uncomfortable or think there may be a potential violation of the code of conduct, please report it immediately. We will treat all complaints confidentially to the extent practicable for an effective resolution.
- Submit an incident report form here
- Call or text one or both Library representatives who will be onsite during the event:
- Eric Ward, Linda Hall Library VP for Public Programming at 816.590.7631
- Matt Reeves, Linda Hall Library Public Programming Manager at 816.715.8613